As a long time reader (and fan) of Jan Wong‘s (website, twitter) newspaper articles and “Lunch with” columns, it came to me as a total shock when I belatedly discovered the real reason of why Jan is no longer working for the Canadian newspaper Globe and Mail (she was fired from the fallout of one article) and why Jan, a successful books author and highly skilled writer, has to self-publish her memoir Out of the Blue (Amazon) (this is a story in itself).
Check out this video “For my review of Jan Wong’s “Out of The Blue” & news report” and the following insightful articles and interviews.
* CBC Books Radio interview, “Michael Enright’s interview with journalist Jan Wong about her latest book”
* 2012, May 11, TVO Allan Gregg video interview, “Jan Wong On Her Battle With Depression”
* TorStar Apr 27, “Toronto author Jan Wong’s book on workplace depression an instant classic”
* Now Book review, “Out of The Blue – Wilful Wong”
* backofthe book.ca “Jan Wong’s Globe and Mail blues”
* The Chronicle Herald “Old China hand explores Canada’s mysterious East”
* Quill & Quire Book review, “Out of the Blue: A Memoir of Workplace Depression, Recovery, Redemption and, Yes, Happiness”
Ref: 2006 Sept article from Premier Jean Charest.
Disclosure: I own shares of Manulife and I am shocked and angry of Manulife’s unacceptable business practices. Setting personal feelings aside, it is just bad business to deal with legitimate insurance clients like it did with Jan. These kind of unacceptable behaviours can rightfully drive potential future clients away. I may write a separate article about this. Will see.