Let me quote the following from NATO Article 5 Collective Defence,
- Collective defence means that an attack against one Ally is considered as an attack against all Allies.
- The principle of collective defence is enshrined in Article 5 of the Washington Treaty.
- NATO invoked Article 5 for the first time in its history after the 9/11 terrorist attacks against the United States.
- NATO has taken collective defence measures on several occasions, for instance in response to the situation in Syria and in the wake of the Russia-Ukraine crisis.
- NATO has standing forces on active duty that contribute to the Alliance’s collective defence efforts on a permanent basis.
Of course, we are not talking about real war here but it won’t be too surprising that sooner or later, all fact-checking press can and may be seen as “fake news” by Trump except his own Twitter AC and his propaganda machines.
Jan 13, 2017 update:
(Highly recommended) CBC Radio, The Current, Friday January 13, 2017 “Donald Trump news conference ‘clear attack on the free press’” (note: 13:45 mark for Canadian PM Harper experience)
CJR, Jan 11, 2017, “Trump berated a CNN reporter, and fellow journalists missed an opportunity” (source: FB)