(All photos by Kempton Lam)
After interviewing the Calgary award-winning animator Cam Christiansen in January this year to talk about his films and his latest film “My Misspent Youth“, I am very excited to report that Cam has started film of “My Misspent Youth“. A few days ago, I even had a chance to check out the filming process and even participate as an extra in the film!
In the following YouTube clip, you will get to see some filming of “My Misspent Youth” and my interview with Cam to talk about: shooting on the first day, the digital magic in a green room, what is match moving, and his choice between using the Canon 5D Mark II and the RED camera, what extras do in this film and how do they help in the animation, the green “car”. Cam will need more extras till — March 31, 2010. You can read more details and find the contact info here.
For more info about the film, check out Anlanda Studio.
For the technically inclined readers out there, here are the specs of the green room.
Motion Capture Studio Specs
– 12 optical Motion Capture Cameras records data at 100 frames a second
– Capable of recording 2 actors simultaneously
– facial recording available
– exports in .c3d .fbx or.bhv (works with all 3d applications)
– 10 ft aprox capture volume
Green Screen Room
– 20 ‘ft x 20’ ft area by 10 ft tall green screen room
– seamless pool like curves on floors and walls
– capable of shooting 360 degrees in a green environment
– ideal for mid size shoot up to a max of aprox 10 people.
– ideal for mid sized commercial shoots
– storage and small change room