I attended a great master class with Ron Moore, Battlestar Galactica writer & executive producer, at 2009 Banff World TV Festival. The following is my one-on-one interview with Ron after the master class talking about,
- influence of the original BSG series and the style of the show
- how the actors/actresses affect the writing of their characters?
- the extensive use of the f-word (frak) in BSG
- implications of discussing of politics, religion, and even abortion in the show
- selection of the characters for the “final five”
- are there aspects of Ron and his life in the characters?
- what are some of the challenges in writing the new series Caprica?