Photo: Kris Krug
For 2008, I had to cut my Banff attendance short and came back to Calgary for another assignment so I missed a few a few sessions that I would love to have attended (and there were also a few sessions that had a time conflict with other interesting sessions that happened at the same time).
- As a big fan of the original Sex and the City TV series (which I watched every single episode the day it aired in Canada), I was a bit sad to give up my chance to meet Kim Cattrall (the one and only Samantha Jones of Sex and the City). Here is a video clip of Kim being interviewed at Banff. And some newspaper coverage of her in Calgary Herald here, here and here, and from Canadian Press here.
- Jon Plowman was at Banff 2008 to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award for his work as former head of BBC comedy. I am watching one of Jon‘s executive produced comedy series on DVD (season one of “The Vicar of Dibley”) and it is still absolutely brilliant 14 years later. And Ricky‘s “The Office” is another master piece that Jon executive produced and commissioned. Jon had no idea who I was, but I took time to shake his hands and congratulated him on his lifetime achievement award.
- Six Feet Under & Swingtown creator Alan Poul was interviewed at Banff and he also gave a Banff master class which I attended and found insightful.
- Here is a short clip of Colin Mochrie’s words of wisdom at the Banff
Now, here are some pearls at Banff 2007 that you might enjoy,
- Interview/chat with the veteran Canadian actor Colm Feore (an hour long) – A great chat. And the Q&A at the end was absolutely wonderful. (note: Colm will be part of the up coming season of 24.) – P.S. I am so glad that I finally got to watch this. I had to miss it last year because of a schedule conflict. Great stuff.
- Carol Mendelsohn is Executive Producer and Showrunner of “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION” – full length chat – I saw this chat live at Banff 2007 and loved it then and I am recommending it now. – Here is my blog entry of Carol last year.